Monday, April 30, 2012

Stained Glass Art Suncatcher

I have to admit, I have a little bit of a sun catcher addiction. They look so beautiful as the sun hits each color and when they are made by the people I love that makes them even more of a reason to love.

Materials Needed
black fabric (puffy) paint
contact paper
assorted glitter glues and/or *colored glues

I started this project out myself. I always love when I get to have some artistic fun with these projects as well. This step could easily been done by an older child as well.

1. Cut your contact paper about the size you want your sun catcher to be. Peel off the sticker side and lay onto a surface where it can be removed easily like a kitchen table or counter. Then get to work on your masterpiece using the fabric paint. I did a stained glass mosaic style house.
This needs to dry over night.

 2. When completely dry your child can start filling in the spaces with glitter glue and colored glue. Once all the holes are filled in, this again needs to dry overnight.


3. When it is completely dry you can peel the contact paper up and cut around your art. This will stick right to the window and look beautifully as it catches the sun.

I think this would make a wonderful Mother's Day gift.

*To make colored glue just add a few drops of food coloring or paint to a bottle of Elmer's glue. Stir with a chopstick or skewer and give a good shake.



2 comments: