Friday, September 28, 2012

Spooky Glue Ghost Necklace


 I love Halloween crafts. Not because I love scary spooky creatures and things that come out at night, but because I love turning those creatures and things into the most adorable creatures and things you could imagine. Like these cute as can be glue ghost! I heart them.

And all you need is glue, a plastic bag, eyes, yarn and a hole punch.

First, make your ghost shape and fill it in with glue.

Next, add some eyes.

 
This was the point I wished I had remembered the book under the bag to transport, so here is your reminder - do this on a book to transport!

 They take a good day or two to dry. I just hid them from the kids while they dried - out of sight out of mind and no impatience! Once they are dry the kids are so excited to see the friendly ghost they made. Time to peel off and punch a hole in the top (if you want to make a necklace.)

Add some yarn and you got a pretty adorable spooky necklace for Halloween that any kid can make! Yippee!
Happy October ( in two days!!)

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! And so cute too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! so easy & cute... & we have all the stuff on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made these to use for my preschool class' Halloween necklaces. We made them on wax paper in different ghostly shapes. I never tried googly eyes, but will this time.. I usually just used a permanent marker to make a face after the glue dried. These are so easy and lot of fun to make. I might try adding a little glow in the dark paint to the glue this year to see if they will light up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We added glow in the dark paint to the glue and made these. It worked really well. We made aliens, pumpkins, ghosts, moons, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is such a great craft! We shared this with our students at Junior Blind, the students and their families will love this one. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete