Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sunflower Pen for a new friend

 We had a very special day last week. We met Emma's kindergarten teacher. I couldn't believe it, as I walked through the halls of an elementary school. Really? This day is here? My baby that I feel like just yesterday I was rocking back and fourth in the rocking chair knowing she was asleep, but continuing to rock because I just wanted her to sleep on my shoulder a bit longer. That baby, that baby is going to kindergarten this Monday? Really? I know it had to happen and I know it will be a fun and exciting time for her, but I will cry. There you have it. I will not say maybe or might. I just know, I will cry, but that is why I spent that extra time rocking because you see...it's all going by so fast. 
 Now on to the craft! We thought a nice gesture for our new teacher would be our favorite happy sunflower.
 Using floral tape we added some forever (artificial) sunflowers to pencils. It was simple and cheery and a great way to start a new year with a new friend.
Here we go!





No comments:

Post a Comment