Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Witch Nails!

 I made a fun Halloween surprise for Emma while she was at school today. Witch nail gloves! Why? Well, Halloween is coming up, it's getting cold, this girl loves long nails (already!) and I love to surprise my kids!
 I had planned on doing this with her, but since I was using the glue gun I thought it would make a better surprise.
 I placed a cotton ball in each finger of the glove so the glue wouldn't go through to the other side. Next, I cut triangles out of green felt and rounded them a bit to look like nails.
 A little bit of hot glue held them nicely to each finger and once cooled I could easily pull out the cotton.
Don't be alarmed--that is her happy witch face! Now for a broom....

3 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! What a great idea since we usually have to wear gloves here for chilly fingers on Halloween -- filing this idea away for next year! Thanks!

    Warmly,
    MaryLea

    P.S. Thanks for your comments about my post today -- I was bullied last year with some seriously nasty and mean emails by a reader who didn't like the post I put up last fall about my girls playing "Indian Princesses" in their homemade fleece costumes with a teepee in our family room. Their pretend play day that I documented in the post offended her and I was lectured about how teepees or "tipis" wouldn't be in my area of the east coast. Seriously? Um. Okay. Some people just need to lighten up! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, MaryLea! I agree. I just don't get why some people spend so much time on this--just don't read my teeny tiny blog if you really think I am poisoning my kids with homemade face paint! ;) Thanks for the encouraging words. You are so inspiring and I am happy to see you stick to your rights to write your blog the way you choose! :)

      Delete
  2. Fun! I just love Halloween! ;) I pinned this to my (CarlaINHouston) Halloween board--thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete