Monday, March 11, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Fun!

 Boy, am I excited! My brother and sis-in-law are arriving this Wednesday for what seems to be becoming our annul St Patrick's Day visit. Kind of random, but hey, I'll take any visits, anytime from my wonderful and very missed family. Last year we had a lot of fun doing the walnut treasure hunt (see below) with the kids, but what we all will never forget is the big epic fail corned beef and cabbage we made (and smelled like for the next three days.) Maybe an Irish pub is in our future this time around.
I started rambling to say..I will be busy having lots of fun and wanted to get a few things posted so here it goes....
Above is our rainbow crayon I made with Grayson. He thought this was very cool and colored rainbows for quite some time with his great new coloring tool! This one is over at Kiwi Crate.
 I mentioned these already, but all the details are on my post from last year...St. Patrick's Day Treasure Hunt. We did this with some of Emma's school friends the other day and it was great watching all the kids search for the golden nuggets.
 Get the details on this great "pot of gold" party favor over at Kiwi Crate. Emma loved putting this rainbow together, but really loved adding the chocolate coins!
 Last year we made these rainbows after seeing our first rainbow in Portland. It was a nice sign that we had lots of rainbows in our future here. This craft has been a very popular one for me. It was a lot of fun too and every time I see it I think why do we not do that more? I think I may break out the watercolors tonight. If you want to join me, check out last years tutorial on just what we did Coffee Filter Rainbows.
Lastly, my sweet girl and her love of accessories! I had to make a compromise with her (yes, at age 4, oh boy)...no hot pink hair strands, but I did agree to a Rainbow Ribbon Hair Clip. Much sweeter.

Wishing you a creative and festive week!

No comments:

Post a Comment