Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Face Paint Pretend Play

Em and G absolutely adore face paint, but they would much rather be doing the painting then actually getting painted. I don't blame them--that is where all the fun is, isn't it?  I created a little face painting station for them in our yard and they played, imagined and created for hours.

 We used a few retired dolls for this, but if you don't have any dolls to risk becoming rainbow fashioned you can easily find a few at a local thrift shop. Along with our dolls I grabbed a few small paint brushes, new kitchen sponges, a couple rags and of course paint!

 We used kids washable paints (just regular old paints) and I mixed them with a little bit of baby lotion to allow them to wipe off easily.

 They got to work! This particular doll is an old pro at this, can you tell??

 The damp sponges let the kids wipe and start over as much as they please.

 I wish I had this recorded for you all to hear the conversations between the face painters and their ever so easy going customers. It was a riot!

While we are still enjoying our summer vacation I know a lot of you are back at school, wouldn't this be a fun surprise to set-up for the kids as they return home from those first few days of school?? I hope you will try it. It's one of those simple activities that brings so much joy to the little ones.

I shared this over at Kiwi Crate, join me there for more tips and fun!

3 comments:

  1. Love this post! The hooligans are crazy about washing our dolls, but I'm sure they'd love it even more if we added paint to the activity! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea!! My daughter would love it!! Now to find some dolls to use. Thank you for sharing on Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun! Unfortunately my daughter and her three brothers have no interest in dolls - but I'm sure they'd love this! Thanks so much for sharing at the After School linky.

    ReplyDelete