Thursday, December 5, 2013

DIY Swirled Ornament

When you think kid-made ornament you probably think of salt dough stars and hand-print reindeer, but this year we wanted to step out of that box and try something new and "fancy" as Em says. Yes, I am in trouble with that one!

 I came across these glass balls and thought we could definitely use these for our traditional ornament making night.

 I added a drop or two of all surface arcylic paint to each ornament and placed the top back on.

 Shake. shake, shake!! This took some good shaking to get the paint to splatter around. I think I might water down the paints next time we do this to give it more movement. We dried these over night with the top off.

Look how pretty they turned out!  The perfect fit for our "fancy" tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment