Monday, December 30, 2013

German Lucky Pig New Year Tradition

Hello Friends! Can you believe how fast the holidays are flying by?! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. We spent two great weeks visiting all of our family and are now preparing for our kid-friendly New Year's Eve party with some great friends.

 I love adopting new traditions, so when I first read about the lucky New Year marzipan pig on Red Ted Art I knew I had to add this to our kids craft table this year. How could you resist this adorable pile of sugar?? In Germany it is a sign of good luck when someone gives you a marzipan pig. I thought it would be fun for the kids to make these tomorrow for their friends and family. I did have to go with fondant instead of marzipan (hope that won't effect our luck!) Check out the tutorial by Red Ted Art for all the details.

Sorry I didn't get any more photos of the actual process. It was a bit sticky to work with so I decided to keep my camera (which ironically is covered in paint and glue) out of this craft. It is pretty simple though, just like working with sticky clay. I bought white fondant and colored it by kneading in pink food color. I thought these mini muffin cups would be the perfect size to take these little piggies home.

Wishing you much love and luck this New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment