Thursday, December 1, 2011

Holiday Books for Art Inspiration

A lot of our art inspiration comes from wonderful books we read. During the holiday season I like the kids to really embrace and get involved in our seasonal books. For this reason I pack away all seasonal books along with the decor and pull them out with every new season. This way they are excited to see the books come out and really appreciate them. I also keep a plate stand out to hold the seasonal books so they do not get lost on the bookshelf and we are reminded to enjoy these special books that hold many memories for us before they get packed up again.

Last night we read "Santa Duck,"a silly story about a cute little duck helper to the jolly guy himself. Emma decided to draw a Santa Duck when we were finished reading. Now if I could only find a little duck to help me with some holiday tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment