Sunday, January 8, 2012

Get Art Organized!

Well, we are beginning to pack up for our big move. We are leaving California and heading to Portland, Oregon. It is an exciting journey for us and we look forward to exploring a new city, meeting new people, spending more time with our loved ones in WA and experiencing seasons!!
As I begin to pack I realize we have A LOT of stuff, way too much stuff and it is time to simplify our life and downsize our STUFF! I came across a wonderful article over at the Noble Mother, 10 Days to a Calmer Family. She gives tips on not just ways to simplify your home, but also your celebrations, routine, discipline and your family as a whole. There are way too many distractions in our world today sometimes we just need some silence to be. Simple is calm.
 http://www.noblemother.com/category/10-days-to-a-calmer-family/

I got a little off topic as I sat in a room with boxes and a lot of stuff that I refuse to take along on our new journey. What I wanted to share with you today is how I plan to make our art portable. Since we will be staying in a vacation home and putting our things in storage while we look for our own home, we will only have access to the bare essentials for a few months. One of those essentials is definitely our art cabinet. I picked up a gift wrap organizer the other day and it worked perfect to organize and take with us some of our most used art supplies. It has many different pockets and even spots for our paper rolls. Best of all it folds and zippers right up for transporting. For our trinkets like sequins, buttons, pom poms and bells I got a bead box to hold it all without becoming a big mess. We are all set now to continue creating in our new city.







No comments:

Post a Comment