Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Golden Egg

 As we count down to Easter Sunday I am preparing for our big Easter egg hunt. We do this every Easter, but I made a vow to myself this year. I will not use any plastic eggs. Instead I will make things from recycled materials or things that we can use over and over again each year.
My first, The Golden Egg! For some reason I hear the sound of harps as I say that.

Materials:
paper mache eggs
gold paint
paint brush
glitter

Now all you do is paint your eggs gold and sprinkle with glitter before they dry. At the hunt the children can exchange these eggs for a golden dollar. These look like something anyone would like to hunt for. 
Join me over at Family Sponge tomorrow for another plastic egg alternative that can stay with your family for years to come.

2 comments: