Sunday, June 9, 2013

Homemade Father's Day Gifts

 Hello Friends! I've missed you. It's been awhile since I have been able to sit down and share some crafty fun. We are down to the wire of an awesome first year in elementary school. We are busy bees and a little emotional, too. How did my baby go from first steps to first grade so quickly?! Can I just freeze time for a few moments? OK, I am getting a bit sidetracked now (see, I told you...EMOTIONAL!) Back to my first intentions of this post, Father's Day!
 We found some old softballs at a thrift shop and Grayson just couldn't put them down. When we got home we thought we could use these for a fun Father's Day gift. Emma used permanent markers to personalize the balls and write a few sweet notes on each. She had fun turning an old softball into a work of art and it sure is the perfect canvas for her sports loving Daddy.
 
Pretty sweet, right? I think it will look great on my husband's desk. For my full tutorial check out this post over on Kiwi Crate.
 Our next Father's Day surprise started with this great wood slice we found at the craft store. I attached a ribbon to the back so it can easily be hung and Emma made a beautiful portrait of her and her Daddy.
Another great office decor gift. She's so proud of her work. More details at Kiwi Crate.
 In case you didn't know, we love jars! Here is another way we have used them for a craft, Mason Jar Photo Frame. With some cool buttons, a sweet photo and yarn we turned this jar into a great frame for Dad.
You can add anything into the jar to hold your photo up. Coins would be a good one to use.
 We used some jars again for a snack basket for Father's Day. We first went shopping and the kids picked out their Daddy's favorite snacks (and a few of their own favorites, too!)
 They filled the jars with the snacks. Can you guess who's favorite those are? I had to move that jar out of sight for awhile in order to finish this craft.
 Emma chose a painting she had already made and used the mason lid to trace circles on her artwork.
 She cut each circle out and we used them to cover the jar lids and make them special for Father's Day.
Look how great our Snack Jar Basket came out! I think we will deliver this one a little early straight to my husbands office. The kids would love that!
 
OK, I'm sorry, but I just have to get a bit sappy for a moment. Happy Father's Day to my dear sweet husband. I always knew you'd be an amazing father to our children, but you amaze me everyday with the the insane amount of love, laughs, knowledge and pure happiness you give these sweet kids of ours each day. They adore you and so do I.
xo
green owl mama

1 comment:

  1. That is such a great collection of Father's Day gifts. I love that your daughter cut out her artwork for the top of the mason jars. The softballs came out so cute. The Mason jar frames are so personal and innovative. Thank you for sharing your great ideas on Artsy Play Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete