Friday, July 26, 2013

DIY Music Instruments

The other day as I sang our morning routine to the kids I realized that we sing just about everything we do in this house. Then, I realized that my siblings are all the same. While my neices were visiting a few months back they sang this one my brother had taught them--
 "My Daddy is great! He gives us chocolate cake!" -My wise brother, Tom.
 And of course my brother Jeff has written several songs dedicated to Emma that are now in her baby book and she loves to sing them.
Yes, my family is silly, very silly and that is why I simply adore them.
 Music makes us all happy. It is always playing in our home and of course the kids love to make music of their own. Here are a few ways kids can make their own music instruments and bring beautiful melodies into their day.
Above, our Pie Tin Cymbals made with pie tins, chop sticks, duct tape and a few pretty add-ons. 
 
We made this Paper Plate Tambourine by threading two paper plates together along with a few bells.

 It brought out some fun dance moves!

 A Salt Shaker Noise Maker is perfect for any toddler. First they can practice those fine motor skills by adding beans to the container and then the gross motor skills get some work with all the dancing and shaking! Fun!

 Another way to shake some sounds (and perfect for a summer band!) The Watermelon Maracas!

Lastly, for the vocalist in your life, make a Rock Star Microphone with a paper roll, balloon and foil.

“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.”

-Plato

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what fun!! Great ideas for musical instruments. We love making music in our house as well. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete