Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sewing for kids


I find that when I am being creative around my children they seem to want to be creative as well. We inspire each other and this is the artful harmony I dream of.
Emma has been watching me work on an Easter project all week. This project includes a needle and thread, which she is dying to get her little hands on.


I finally made it to the art store to figure out a way to make this happen for her; in a less dangerous way. I found these great plastic sewing needles perfect for the little beginner. Now what to sew? I had some felt and yarn. I cut two pieces of felt into a coin purse shape and cut slits all around the edges. I threaded her cute little needle with yarn and demonstrated the first couple of stitches for her. I was amazed at how quickly she got the hang of it.


We left both ends long and tied them in a bow to finish off her cute little purse. She was very proud of her very first sewing project. Another moment for the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment