Friday, May 4, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Gift - pencil cup

Next week, May 7th to May 11th is Teacher Appreciation week. I can't think of of too many people I appreciate more than the people I trust with my children. To teach them, guide them and even love them. For this I am grateful for having had some amazing people teach my children and we are not even in elementary school yet.

To show our appreciation on this special week we have made pencil cups for our teachers and we think you should for yours too!

What you need for your pencil cup: 

an empty and clean food can (be sure your can opener doesn't leave any sharp edges)
scrapbook paper
double sided tape

1. Cut your scrapbook paper into a strip just a little bit wider than your can and long enough to wrap all the way around.
2. Use your tape to wrap around the can and trim the bottom edge once it is in place.
3. Fill with pencils, pens or anything you think your teachers will enjoy and probably go through often. We attached a little notepad to the back with some twine.

To all the teachers out there, thank you.
Sincerely,
green owl mama

P.S. I have used this technique to hold flowers on tables at a party and to bring flowers from my garden to a hostess. They are great to keep on hand.

1 comment: