Saturday, October 13, 2012

Vintage Sheet Ghost

I don't know what it is with me and vintage looking ghost these year, but I have a little thing going on with this new found Halloween love.
This morning I went hunting for some old vintage pillow cases at a local thrift shop and I couldn't have been more happy when I found this beauty. I had first imagined my vintage she ghost in more of a tiny rose print, but this bold floral throw back was even better.

 Once you score your fun vintage inspired pillow case either from Grandma or goodwill get to work on drawing your ghost with a black permanent marker. You want the head and arms to end at the top seam, this part will stay connected.
 Next, cut out your ghost, being sure to leave those connected potions in tact. This will be the part that lays over the tree branch.
 Once the ghost is cut out you can break any side seams that are still connected (just not the top seams!) Have I said that enough?
 There we have it. The Mrs. is ready for a face. Permanent marker will do the trick!
 I kept it simple, but just imagine the possibilities!
Once her face is on find a nice branch to lay this beauty over. Look how pretty she looks hanging out on our tree spooking away the neighbors.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I think I found the exact same pillow case in a thrift store, saved to one day make a pillow case dress. It's adorable as a ghost -- I may need to dig it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachelle! A pillow case dress??? Oh, tell me more! ;)

      Delete