Sunday, February 3, 2013

Frosting Creations Play Dough--Best Dough Ever!

 We use kool-aid packets to make our play dough all the time. It smells yummy and gives our dough some great color. I also love that my children only know of it as a play dough ingredient and nothing more! Haha!
 When I stumbled upon a new colorful flavored packet I had to give it a shot! Have you seen these? They are Frosting Creations by Duncan Hines, apparently used to flavor frosting, but for us a new play dough ingredient! I haven't seen them anywhere but Target so far and they are pretty inexpensive.
 So we gave it a try with our usual dough recipe.
Add 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup of salt (table salt, but not ionized,) 2 tbs cream of tartar, 3 tbs oil and one packet of Frosting Creations. This one is the cotton candy flavor.
 Next, add 1 cup hot water (like boiling temp) and mix it all together. The dough will be pretty sticky, but that's how you want it to be. This is a soft dough.
 Dump it onto a working surface and sprinkle with a little more flour while kneading like pizza dough. Don't add too much flour or you will get a not so soft play dough.
 This is what you want. It may seem too sticky, but it hardens up a bit as it cools.
The kids absolutely loved their new yummy smelling play dough and I definitely like these smells over the kool-aid ones. There is a caramel that I can't wait to try!
Let me know which one you try!

No comments:

Post a Comment