Thursday, June 27, 2013

Maple Syrup Sweetened Whip Cream

 We were busy bees in the yard today as we attempted to clean the deck. Eventually I just pulled out the kiddie pool and let the kids cool off. I heard Emma mention to the little guy how wonderful it would be to have an ice cream treat. Feeling in a summer kind of mood and very impressed with the help I got from the kids today I decided to surprise them with a little treat. Ice cream is not something we have in the house, but I did have some cream (way better in my opinion!)
I whipped up about 3/4 cup heavy cream, 1/2 tsp of vanilla and 1 tbs of real maple syrup. Whip on high-speed in an electric mixture until you get a soft peak. We topped our yummy whip cream onto bowls of fruit. A few chocolate chips on top got screams of joy from the kids. Gotta love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment