Friday, July 12, 2013

Beach Crafts

 A walk along the river or a trip to the beach has become so much more for me since having children. Watching precious memories be made is a beautiful experience. I have these sweet memories that I hold special from my childhood. Knowing these are the days that Emma and Grayson will think back to as adults is an amazing feeling and I love being a part of it all. It's one of those unexpected cool feelings that you never thought of before becoming a parent.

 To add to the magic of the beach we usually make a few crafty things to keep as treasures, because we all know wherever children go they will find treasures.
Our Summer Treasures are simply shells we found on the beach and decorated sea side with markers. They came out lovely and were pretty fun to make while listening to the waves.

 While we are talking shells these fun Seashell Friends are super silly. With a few simple glued on additions our shells got names, homes and became little ocean found pets to the kids.

 Is this guy cute or what?! Although, we made our Starfish Friend at home, I wanted to add him to the mix. We used craft sand, but it would be fun to create this star guy on the beach with real sand. Some air dry clay, a star cookie cutter, sand and googly eyes is all you need for this.

Lastly, as a way to keep all of our findings and memories we made these cool Vacation Jars. A retired pickle jar will do. Just fill it with anything special from your trip. This works for any kind of vacation. We used some washi tape to date and title our jar.

Here's wishing you and yours some wonderful summer memories.

4 comments:

  1. Super Cute Art. I love the Vacation Jars idea. :)
    Stopping in from Share It Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those shell faces are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you linked up at Discover & Explore this week - I love your ideas! That is the cutest little starfish ever :) I'll be featuring you on the round-up this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!! I love how they all came out and love the idea of the vacation jar. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete