Sunday, April 14, 2013

DIY Crazy Hair Wig

 It all started two Christmas's ago when my niece opened up a gift and inside it was the most beautiful Rapunzel wig. I felt like I was moving in slow motion as I saw her pull the hair out and place it on her head. I jumped up from my seat in hopes to distract Emma, but it was just too late. She was staring right at my adorable niece with golden hair down to her toes. And...ever since then I have not heard the end of it. Yes, I could have just got her a darn Rapunzel wig at some point, I suppose, but kids plastic fake wigs that tangle constantly and smell kind of funny--drive me nuts! So I made this adorable yarn wig instead and called it magical hair!
 We started with a pipe cleaner tiara and a whole lot of yarn scraps.
 I tied and tied and tied........
 And WALLA! A magical hair wig. She loved it and played with it forever pretending to be all sorts of characters. It was wonderful.
And then she asked for a Rapunzel wig for her birthday.

For more details I shared this project over at Kiwi Crate.

3 comments:

  1. Your blog!!! I so love it!!!! I am all about doing recycled crafts with my kids but I'm not very creative so my kids spend more time on the iPad than I'd like. I can not wait to try some of these out with my kids :) you may have just single-handedly saved my summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faith! You just made my morning. What a sweet comment to start my day with. I completely understand, too. Sometimes I have to declare it a screen free day and hope for the best! Even my two-year old can work that thing! Happy summer to you!

      Delete
  2. I love this to add to my 4-year-old dress-up box! Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete